- Explore the outstanding natural beauty & historic attractions of Zagorje East
- Visit the rolling hills and charming villages of this northern Croatian region
- Discover this delightful wine region complete with medieval castles and historic forests
- Enjoy a delicious lunch of typical Croatian cuisine
- Experience the enchanting baroque city known as ‘Little Vienna’ – Varazdin
Escape to the beautiful hilly countryside and explore the natural and historic attractions of Zagorje East. Our full-day trip visits the northern Croatian region that borders Slovenia. Rolling green hills surround the charming traditional houses and pilgrimage churches that are dotted over the landscape.
The wine-producing region also boasts the 19th century medieval castle of Trakoscan. Explore the fairytale castle and surrounding forest park before lunch. In the afternoon, the delights of the city of Varazdin, on the Drava River, await you. Admire the baroque and rococo architecture of the place that is locally known as ‘Little Vienna’.