- 7-day gourmet tour itinerary designed for food and wine lovers at heart
- Discover the gastronomy of the Dalmatian coast which is now a booming gourmet destination
- Visit to delightful Split, Hvar island, Korčula island and Dubrovnik
- Enjoy traditional cooking experiences in Split and Dubrovnik
- Sample some of Hvar’s best wines
- Join an expert led tour of the Peljesac wine growing region with tastings at 3 wineries
- Try your hand at fresh oyster harvesting in Ston
- Home hosted traditional farewell dinner in Dubrovnik
- Overnight stays in superior 4-star hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- Private transfers and concierge service throughout your trip
DAY 1 – SPLIT
Start tasting your way through the Dalmatian region of Croatia in the country’s second biggest city, Split. Join our private guided tour of the Old Town and explore the magnificent Roman Diocletian’s Palace – the historic emblem of the city. The Palace was the retirement home of a 4th century Roman Emperor, but has been magnified in size through the ages, with a mix of Gothic and Mediterranean architectural styles. Stroll along the famous Riva Promenade, and admire its leafy palms and breathtaking sea views. If you hike to the top of Marjan Hill unforgettable cityscape vistas are yours to enjoy.
DAY 2 – SPLIT
A gourmet food tour wouldn’t be complete without a local cooking experience. After breakfast, join our private gourmet guide for a cooking class where you get to venture through Split’s Green Market and buy your chosen ingredients, whilst learning about the various foods on offer in the market. Having gathered your ingredients, enjoy a cooking lesson with an experienced local chef as you rustle up a traditional Dalmatian dish and enjoy a delicious freshly prepared lunch.
DAY 3 – HVAR
Croatia’s Dalmatian coastline is made up of almost 80 beautiful islands. Today, we leave the mainland behind to explore some of the idyllic picture-perfect spots. Our first stop is Hvar Island, known for its fragrant organic lavender fields, bright blue seas and stunning beaches. Its thriving cosmopolitan entertainment and restaurant scene attracts the wealthiest of visitors. Learn about Hvar Town’s rich history on a private tour through the ancient cobblestone streets of the Old Town. Enjoy a delicious meal in one of the local restaurants. Fortress Fortica, set above the town, offers the best panoramic views of the islands.
DAY 4 – HVAR
The award-winning Tomić winery situated in Jelsa, is our taste experience destination today. The refined wine boutique boasts Roman style wine cellars and picturesque grounds. Meet the local wine experts and allow them to introduce you to some of the finest wines in the region. On the wine list are Plavac Mali, local favorite Bogdanuša or ‘prošek’ (sweet dessert wine) Hectorovich. All the wines here are stored in the traditional stone cellars, much like the Romans would have done. Enjoy a very traditional Croatian lunch in a unique and beautiful mountain location before returning to Hvar.
DAY 5 – KORČULA
We continue our island-hopping adventure to Korčula Island. Reported to be the birthplace of the world-famous explorer Marco Polo, the island was once run by the Venetians and still has marks of its precarious past displayed all over Korčula Town. Wander through the cleverly designed fishbone layout of the streets and take in the fabulous scenic views from the outside by walking along the outer walls that are now a promenade. At a delightful local farm restaurant, situated outside of the town, relax and sample tasty local cuisine amongst the lush olive trees, vineyards and beautiful surrounding countryside.
DAY 6 – DUBROVNIK
After an early breakfast, our driver will transfer you to the mainland where you will join a small group of 8 fellow food and wine enthusiasts. Today you are going to explore the picturesque Peljesac Peninsula, Croatia’s leading wine region. Led by one of Croatia’s most sought after sommelier wine guides, you will visit two sought after wineries and sample a selection of locally produced wines, olive oils, cheeses and parma hams. Then enjoy a truly local experience as you learn how to harvest fresh oysters and eat them straight from the sea, before enjoying lunch in a pristine secluded bay. Finish the day with a visit to a third winery before dropping you off at your hotel in Dubrovnik.
DAY 7 – DUBROVNIK
Enjoy your morning on a private guided city tour of Dubrovnik’s magnificent Old Town. Despite severe shelling during the Croatian and Serbian war, marvel at how beautifully the city has been restored to its former glory with marbled streets and pretty alleyways. In the evening, enjoy a truly special farewell dinner, a home hosted cooking experience in a rural mountain location near Dubrovnik. Enjoy cooking with the matriarch of the family and learn more about their 500 year heritage as you prepare traditional farm to table dishes.
DAY 8 – DEPARTURE
Enjoy a freshly prepared breakfast before checking out of your hotel, for private transfer to Dubrovnik airport and your return flight home.
- Private guided tours of Split, Hvar, Korčula and Dubrovnik
- 2 nights in Split in a 4-star hotel with breakfast
- 2 nights in Hvar in a 4-star hotel with breakfast
- 1 night in Korčula in a 4-star hotel with breakfast
- 2 nights in Dubrovnik in a 4- or 5-star hotel with breakfast
- Private wine tour in Hvar including a traditional Croatian lunch
- Food and wine tour of the Peljesac Peninsula with a professional sommelier guide
- Culinary cooking class in Split
- Cable car ride up Srdj mountain in Dubrovnik
- Home hosted cooking experience in Dubrovnik
- Private transfers throughout your trip
What’s not Included
- Return airfares
- Optional gratuities
- Any drinks and meals not included in this itinerary